Product Warranty and Safety
- All products sold by The Drone Shop are covered by manufacturer's Warranty where applicable.
- Warranty for all products is as per manufacturer's warranty policies. We do not offer any additional warranty on top of the standard manufacturer's warranty policy. Please refer to the specific manufacturer for detailed warranty information.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure adequate pre-flight and post-flight checks are conducted on their system before and after every flight. The Drone Shop is not liable for any product failure where said failure could have been negated with an adequate pre-flight or post-flight inspection by the customer. This includes propeller and motor mounting, frame and componentry screws and connectors, locking mechanisms etc. In addition, all items should be regularly checked in detail for cracks, loosening screws/connectors, or other damage.
- While The Drone Shop may offer to perform firmware updates for the customer where the customer is not familiar, or willing to do so, The Drone Shop is not liable for any hardware or component failures which might occur during the process of the firmware update.
- All warranty or DOA claims will be submitted to the respective manufacturer. Should the manufacturer disapproves a warranty or DOA claim, The Drone Shop will have no further allowance outside of the manufacturer’s provision.
- Where an item needs to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair, it can be hard to estimate repair costs before full diagnostics is done by the manufacturer. While we will do our best to give an estimate, but ultimately the costs will be decided by the manufacturer and payment will be required prior to the item being repaired.
- Where items are approved for DOA replacement by the manufacturer, The Drone Shop may, at its discretion, replace the item from local stock for a quick turnaround time. If local stock is not available, The Drone Shop reserves the right to revert to normal process and customer will have to wait for replacement stock to be supplied by the manufacturer.
- The Drone Shop provides no guarantee on turnaround times for warranty or DOA claims, as this process is managed by the respective manufacturers.
- Where a customer is submitting an item to The Drone Shop for any repair which needs to be sent to the service centres in their respective countries, The Drone Shop assumes no liability, responsibility, or ownership through any stage of this process. We are simply acting as an intermediary between the customer and the service centre and we have no bearing, input, or influence on the decisions, prices, diagnosis or other claims made by the service centre.
- While The Drone Shop provides technical assistance as a valued added service to our customers, please note that this assistance does not equate to a warranty, nor an acceptance of liability. Any technical assistance provided to customers is advice only, and customers should seek other sources of information before attempting to make any alterations to their product.
- In the event where there has been any water damage, all warranty will be void.
Additional Warranty Information for DJI Products
- All DJI product sold by The Drone Shop are covered by the manufacturer (DJI) warranty. For full terms and conditions, as well as warranty period, please refer to DJI's After-Sales Service Policies.
- When using third party apps (i.e. any app that was not made by DJI such as DJI GO/GO4) with your DJI drone, please be aware that DJI will not cover warranty if an incident occurs while using the 3rd party app, regardless if the error is hardware or software related. This is because the DJI drones rely on the DJI GO/GO4 app to log all functions of the drone, for analysis in the case of an incident. If you do not use the DJI GO/GO4 App, official DJI logs are not captured and hence DJI has no content to verify if it’s an aircraft error or a pilot error. Pilot errors are not covered under warranty.
- For best warranty claims outcomes, The Drone Shop recommend that customers record video on every single flight.
Safety Warning and Liability
- The safety instructions are intended not only for the protection of the aircraft, but also to protect the safety of yourself and others. Improper operation can cause serious injury and property damage.
- The Customer agrees to use of the electronics at his/her own risk.
- The Customer agrees to refrain from flying over people and stay away from children and animals.
- The Customer agrees to comply with all local government rules, especially when flying near airports.
- The Customer agrees to use his/her best judgment and always practice safe flying techniques.
- The Customer agrees to conduct a thorough systems check before each flight and to conduct periodic maintenance of the UAV.
- The Drone Shop assumes no liability for damage or injury associated with the use of the systems sold.
- The Drone Shop does not guarantee error-free behaviour of the hardware, electronics or software. Like any electronic device, there is the potential for malfunction, glitch or error which the user must be aware of.
- The Drone Shop does not assume any warranty or liability (direct or indirect) for the accuracy of the software, hardware or information.
- The Drone Shop accepts no liability, and will not compensate or repair where customers have applied firmware updates to their drone or componentry which has resulted in malfunction or failure.
- While every effort is made to provide advice and recommendation in good faith, The Drone Shop will not be liable for the final choice of aircraft which the customer chooses and the suitability of the choice for their purposes.
- Where The Drone Shop advises timeframes for delivery, these are indicative timeframes only and can be affected by numerous factors. Should the customer choose to proceed with a purchase, it is wholly their liability to assume the risk of any late delivery and The Drone Shop shall not be held liable for any loss of income, favour or other matters related to late delivery of drone systems, components or accessories.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring the product is used in compliance iwth local laws, and that at no point during the flight there is the potential for risk to person/s or property.
- The Customer is responsible to ensure there is adequate clearance from potential hazards, and will ensure that there is no potential for injury or damage to persons or property if the drone were to fail due to operator error or component failure. Any persons injured or any property damaged by use of this product is the sole responsibility of the user.
- The Customer is also responsible for determining the suitability of the product for his or her intended use.
- The Customer assumes liability for improper use of this product.
- The Drone Shop recommends that the Customer considers purchasing liability insurance before flight. This helps cover costs in the event that persons are hurt or property is damaged as a result of your use of the drone.
- The Drone Shop recommends Customers check with local laws governing aerial flights before commencing flight. For flights in Singapore, please refer to Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore website on Unmanned Aircraft Systems.